Rift UI AddOn Policy
From Riftui Wiki
Trion Worlds, Inc. (“Trion”) has created this policy to formalize the development and distribution of RIFT™ user interface add-ons created by members of the player community (referred to hereafter as "Add-Ons"). The purpose of this policy is to ensure the integrity of RIFT and to continue promoting an enjoyable gaming environment for our players. Failure to abide by the policy may result in measures up to and including formal legal action.
- All Add-Ons, including all versions thereof and all features therein, must be distributed free of charge. Further, Developers may not charge money, or any other form of compensation, for services related to the Add-On.
- Addons may not include advertisements of any kind, including in-game requests for donations, unless expressly permitted by Trion.
- Add-Ons must not contain offensive or objectionable material, and must comply with the ESRB ‘T’ rating (and similar ratings from other ratings boards around the world) for RIFT.
- All Add-On code must be completely visible, not hidden or obfuscated in any way, and freely accessible to and viewable by the general public.
- Add-Ons may not negatively impact RIFT, its shards or other players, including, without limitation, excessive use of the chat system, unnecessary loading from the hard disk, or causing slow frame rates.
- Trion reserves the right to disable any Add-On or Add-On functionality at its sole discretion.
If you have any questions about this User Interface Add-On Policy and/or how it pertains to any Add-On that you have developed, please email us at [email protected].