From Riftui Wiki
What are Gadgets?
Gadgets are (usually) small addons that a user can add to their screen using a single menu. The Gadgets framework provides the functionality to add, move, resize, remove and configure addons, without the addon author having to create a lot of boiler plate code.
The Gadgets framework is made up of a number of libraries. Not all of these are required for a simple Gadget, but at this point it is recommended that users install the Gadgets addon separately, rather than embed these libraries. The libraries all live within the 'WT' namespace.
The Gadgets API
The framework is still being developed, which means the API is subject to frequent change. The intention is to document here the aspects of the API which are complete and safe to use in your own addons. If I document a function here, I will do my best to ensure backwards compatibility is retained, even if the underlying functionality changes.
- wtLibCore - Sets up the core WT namespace, required by all WT libraries
- wtLibControls - User Interface controls (used by configuration dialogs)
- wtLibGadget - The Gadgets framework
- wtLibUnitDatabase - Manages unit data, maintaining up-to-date information on all available units
- wtLibUnitFrame - A UnitFrame associates a wtUnit from the wtUnitDatabase with a unit specifier, and provides mechanisms for binding data from the unit to elements within the unit frame.
- WT - The root WT namespace
- WT.Controls - UI Controls
- WT.Gadget - The Gadgets framework
- WT.Strings - Localization
- WT.UnitDatabase - The Unit Database
- WT.UnitFrame - Unit Frames
- Gadgets API - Hello World - No API documentation would be complete without "Hello World!".