From Riftui Wiki
What is nkRebuff
The addon was created originally for the sole reason that I was not able to find relevant buffs in the standard user interface. The first version was named nkRogue and was released in September 2011. Originally I wanted to create an addon to help me playing my rogue. However quite soon I found that with some minor tweaks the addon could be made usefull for any class.
The main use of the addon can be described quite easily: It reminds you about buffs and/or debuff which need renewal. If we go a bit more into detail, you'll find that the addon has grown quite a lot over time and offers a lot of functionality:
- Notify the player if a buff is missing (including buff food, temporary weapon enhancements and much more) on himself
- Notify the player if a certain buff on himself is almost running out and needs refreshing
- Notify the player if a certain buff on his target is missing or almost running out and needs refreshing
- Handles buffs cast by yourself as well as by other players
- Notify the player if a debuff is missing on the current target (player or npc/boss)
- Notify the player if a debuff (or curse) has been placed on him (by another player or npc/boss)
- Notify the player about cooldowns which are available
- Notify the player about abilities running / buffs active due to a cooldown being used
- Maintain a list of the last couple of debuffs which affected the player
You can use the addon more or less out of the box with the only need for setup being that the addon needs to learn the buffs, debuffs etc. it can track and you telling the addon which of these are important. However there are many settings to adjust the addons behaviour exactly to your personal needs.
All the above can be configured in sets. Each set defines a list of buffs, debuffs and cooldowns you want to have watched. You will probably want a different set for each of your six roles. But you could also setup even more sets for very specific purposes. As there's no limit to the number of sets you can have as many as you want.
Table of contents
- How does it work in general?
- Initial setup
- How to open configuration
- Basic settings
- Advanced settings
- Changing the design of bars
- Moving the bars
- nkRebuff sets
- The warning bar
- Using it as a regular buff addon
- Setting it up for Main Tank healing
- Temporarily hidings icons
- Import / export bars
- Resetting all data
- Will it affect my performance?
- Reporting bugs